Information for Parents & Families
Our parents and families are a vital part of the Washington College community, and we welcome your involvement. We encourage you to start here find answers to questions you may have, to learn more about what's happening on campus and other ways to support your student's College experience.
92% of Recent Grads Have Immediate Positive Career Outcomes
Washington College Invests $20 Million in Campus Improvements
New Partnership for Campus Dining Services
Follow President Sosulski's Latest Announcements
The Washington College Parent Engagement Chairs foster the relationship between the parents of Washington College students and the institution through communication and events like Family Fall Weekend.
The Manoses reside in Howard County, Md, are parents of Cate Manos ‘25 (a biology premed major, women's lacrosse player, and George’s General supporter). Andrew Manos '94 played lacrosse while at WC and works in cybersecurity and technology. Bethany Wilson Manos '93 is a social worker at a kidney dialysis center.
Alicia and Stuart Matthai P’25 reside in Baltimore with their son, John Hay, and black lab, Millie. Alicia owns Haymaker Promotions, a brand marketing company, and Stuart is with Oracle.
To learn more about how to support your student's experience with your voice, network, or philanthropically, get in touch! We would love to connect with you. Email email@example.com to get the conversation started!
- October 6-9: Inaugural Events
- October 8: Inauguration of President Sosulski
- Oct 13-14: Fall Break (No Classes)
- Oct 28-30: Flocktoberfest / HOF Weekend
- Nov 9: Fall Advising Day (No Classes)
- Nov 23-25: Thanksgiving Break (No Classes)
- Dec 8: Last Day of Classes
- Dec 9: Reading Day (No Classes)
- Dec 12-16: Final Exams
- Dec 23: College offices close at 4:30 p.m. for semester break
- Jan 3: College Offices re-open
- Jan 23: Undergraduate classes begin
- Jan 31: Last day to add/drop or request as Audi
- February 24: Birthday Convocation
- March 10: Midterm Grades Major Declarations due to Registrar's Office
- March 13-17: Spring Break (No Classes)
- April 5: Spring Advising Day (No Classes)
- 22-23: Spring Migration
- May 4: Last Day of Classes
- May 5: Reading Day (No Classes)
- May 8-12: Final Exams
- May 21: Commencement
How do I pay bills?
Washington College has several payment options to choose from.
How do I opt out of health insurance?
If you are using your own health insurance, you are required to complete a new waiver for each academic year you attend Washington College.
How do I choose or change my student's meal plan?
Contact Residential Life for more information about meal plans.
How can my student contact their advisor?
Faculty advisors are accessible by email or for appointments during office hours listed on their profile pages.
How can my student utilize the health center?
Health & Counseling Services provides care for full-time students during the regular academic year. Students need to call 410-778-7261 to schedule an appointment.
How can my student buy a parking pass?
All students must register their vehicles with Public Safety by completing an online form. Learn more.
What is FERPA?
FERPA is a Federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. Learn more.
Washington College has upgraded its security system. If you were granted access by your student to view grades, bills, financial aid, or tax information before June 2019, complete the following steps to continue that access.
- Browse to our account management portal.
- Enter the following information:
- Legal First Name
- Legal Last Name
- Date of Birth: the STUDENT’s date of birth, not yours
- Zip: YOUR ZIP code, not the student’s. If you live outside the US, enter 21620
- Colleague ID: This is your user ID minus the first letter
- Click SUBMIT
- Follow the prompts on screen to set up security questions and your password.
After setting up your access, you may view the student’s info any time as follows:
- Visit our portal and sign in with your username and the password you chose.
- When the “Person proxy” window appears, choose the student’s name (not your name)